Fornet (golden medal Limbomania 2017) creates poignant and nonconformist post-punk in the rural scenery of Limburg, Belgium.
Monotonous rhythms display the quintet’s kraut influences, while gleaming grooves and knife-edged guitars consistently appear in the foreground.
Cold-blooded, straightforward patterns make amends for the five piece’s unorthodox flows in an overall noisy package which consistently sounds provocative and captivating.
- Best Kept Secret, Hilvarenbeek, NL (2019)
- Pukkelpop, Hasselt, BE (2019)
- Le Guess Who, Utrecht, NL (2018)
- Winner Limbomania (2017).
- Festivals: Rock Herk, Pacrock, Absolutely Free Festival, Play-festival ...
- Clubshows: Ancienne Belgique, Muziekodroom, Het Depot, N9, Charlatan ...
- Support Gang Of Four (Paard, Den Haag)
"The nonconformist quintet Fornet come from the rural area of Limburg, Belgium, and showcase noisy garage vocals and guitars with a krautrock influenced rhythm sections. Based on the EP, their sound promises a provocative live experience, that not unlike an A Place To Bury Strangers gig, probably necessitate earplugs."
"Noise-driven Belgium post-punks Fornet have released the video for their lead single, coming from their upcoming self-titled debut EP, and it’s a unsettling, brilliant must-see take. [...] crunching post-punk noise infused with krautrock reinforcement."
(SOUNDS FROM NOWHERE)