A healthy love for blasting guitar riffs, heavy but compact songs and the occasional shot of whiskey connect these five gentlemen as the band that is RHEA. The role of underdog is in their blood, and they love to disprove the myth written above.
Three years after their first passage through the backstage of the AB in Brussels (during De Nieuwe Lichting '16), the band is proudly presenting their brand new songs there in March 2019. A lot has happened in these three years of hard work and dedication. The band toured through almost every country in Europe, they took the time to develop themselves and most importantly, they created their own sound.
During this search, they were assisted by Alex Newport, who produced the songs for Lust For Blood in the Brighton (UK) Electric studios where loads of amazing bands and artists like Royal Blood, Nick Cave and The Cure also produced their music. Alex Newport is also not just someone: his work with Bloc Party, Death Cab For Cutie and At The Drive-In did not pass by unnoticed–but enough with the namedropping.
RHEA is the living, Belgian proof that guitar music is not only still relevant in 2020, but can also be innovative and connecting.
"RHEA is ready for brilliant ideas."
"The best Belpop of the moment" -
"The titans of RHEA make dirty rock according to the book."
"The Royal Blood of Ghent."
"They can do it all, these gentlemen"
"These guys will definitely be big one day."
"RHEA is tight on stage, self-willed and convinced of their own abilities"
"A very promising, fresh sound from Ghent"
(Never Mind The Hype)
"RHEA built a wall of sound that you could impossibly ignore"
- Finalist De Nieuwe Lichting (Studio Brussel)
- Sold out Ancienne Belgique + Vooruit.
- Single 'Stuck in the Middle' (21 weeks on highest rotation on Studio Brussel)
- Single 'Baby Im Sorry' (18 weeks on highest rotation on Studio Brussel + #3 in De Afrekening).
- Single 'If Only' (15 weeks on highest rotation on Studio Brussel + #3 in De Afrekening + Catch of the Day).
- Single 'Under My Skin' (A-rotation + Catch of the Day ....)
- 3x Ancienne Belgique, Brussel (Be)
- 2x support Wolfmother (Rivierenhof in Antwerpen, BE en Tivoli in Utrecht, NL).
- 1x support Royal Blood (Den Atelier in Luxemburg, LU).
- Maanrock, Mechelen (Be)
- Vooruit, Gent (Be)
- 3 FM sessie (Nl)