Nordmann (silver medal Humo’s Rock Rally 2014) betrays the live wire intensity and explosive potential of a furious rock & roll band, while also retaining the thoughtfulness and shape-shifting qualities of the best improvising units. It’s a sound that is as imaginative as it is suggestive, as thrilling as it is satisfying. It’s the soothing drug and instantaneous kick for those craving an adventure.
“Nordmann reminded us in an hour’s performance of the coolest music hidden in the furthest corners of our record-collection.”
(DE MORGEN)“Nordmann has refined its own style and are now the masters of their own musical universe.”
“Nordmann rules! They floated on a wave of drive and excitement and played a fantastic live set.”
“‘The Boiling Ground’, an unhurried masterpiece. ”
(DANSENDE BEREN)“Nordmann at Pukkelpop: that’s how hard jazz can rock.”
(DE MORGEN)“After Nordmann’s overwhelming debut album Alarm!, The Boiling Ground is an excellent successor.”
– “TOP 5 of best concerts at Pukkelpop” (DeMorgen 2017)
– Silver medal Humo’s Rock Rally (2014).
– Eurosonic, Groningen (NL).
– Pukkelpop, Hasselt (2015 + 2017).
– Van Gils & Gasten, Eén (2017)
– Tête de la Jazz, Paris (FR).
– Gent Jazz, Ghent (BE).
– 12 Points Festival, Bilbao (SP).
– Ancienne Belgique, Brussel (2015, 2016).
– Sold-out Ancienne Belgique show (2017).
– Handelsbeurs, Ghent (2017), nearly sold out (600 tix).
– ★★★★ 1/2 by HUMO Magazine.
– ★★★★ by De Standaard.
– ★★★★ by Dansende Beren.