Fornet (golden medal Limbomania 2017) creates poignant and nonconformist post-punk in the rural scenery of Limburg, Belgium.
Monotonous rhythms display the quintet’s kraut influences, while gleaming grooves and knife-edged guitars consistently appear in the foreground.
Cold-blooded, straightforward patterns make amends for the five piece’s unorthodox flows in an overall noisy package which consistently sounds provocative and captivating.
"The nonconformist quintet Fornet come from the rural area of Limburg, Belgium, and showcase noisy garage vocals and guitars with a krautrock influenced rhythm sections. Based on the EP, their sound promises a provocative live experience, that not unlike an A Place To Bury Strangers gig, probably necessitate earplugs."
"Noise-driven Belgium post-punks Fornet have released the video for their lead single, coming from their upcoming self-titled debut EP, and it’s a unsettling, brilliant must-see take. [...] crunching post-punk noise infused with krautrock reinforcement."
(SOUNDS FROM NOWHERE)
- Best Kept Secret, Hilvarenbeek, NL (2019)
- Le Guess Who, Utrecht, NL (2018)
- Winner Limbomania (2017).
- Festivals: Rock Herk, Pacrock, Absolutely Free Festival, Play-festival ...
- Clubshows: Ancienne Belgique, Muziekodroom, Het Depot, N9, Charlatan ...
- Support Gang Of Four (Paard, Den Haag)